• Theatre, laboratory or clinical equipment/apparatus used in the investigation, diagnosis or management of a given condition. These could have already been or under the process of registration with the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks of India. Proof for the same has to be produced along with the application.
• New laboratory or (surgical) theatre techniques and procedures devised by self or as a team.
• Procedure/technique in OPD/IPD, validated scales devised by self or as a team for the diagnosis and management of patient.
Administrative models & reform:
• Any new administrative/collaborative models (including the use of information technologies) established in an institution to promote affordable, accessible and quality healthcare.
• An abstract not exceeding 1000 words which describes the development of the innovation under the following subheadings
o Background & need – The rationale and need for the innovation, existing knowledge in the field
o Methodology/Process - Process of design and development of the innovation
o Description of the innovation
o Application – The utility of the innovation and what it adds to the existing scenario
o Scale of use- If applicable, describe applicability across all tiers of healthcare institutions, use in the community etc.
o Cost description
o Benefits and limitations