NEURO INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
We have an extensive critical care unit for neuro cases exclusively providing round the clock care. Unit is managed by two trained neuro anaesthetists as well as neurosurgeons and neurologists. All the beds are equipped with multichannel monitors and advanced ventilators, DVT pumps.
INTRAOPERATIVE NEURO MONITORING
Neurophysiologist handles intraoperative neuro monitoring. This equipment helps in monitoring various neural tracts while operating various tumours and thus prevents potential damage to them.
- Procedures performed under IONM
- Spinal cord tumours
- Deep seated brain tumours/ CP angle tumours
- Micro vascular decompression in trigeminal neuralgia
- Congenital spinal cord malformations
equipments include bedside ultrasound, x-ray, defibrillator, and two transport ventilators. Proper protocols have been developed with help of experienced faculty for managing all types of neurosurgical cases.
Patients with malignant brain or spinal cord tumours are subjected to chemotherapy. We have a team of two medical oncologists for treating such cases.
Few of malignant brain and spinal cord tumours, after surgery may have to be subjected to radiotherapy. In our hospital we have facility for radiotherapy for such cases.
PHYSIOTHERAPY AND REHABILITATION
Rehabilitation is a complex medical process which helps in speedy recovery from a nervous system injury and to compensate for any functional deficits. Comparatively young department handling physiotherapy and rehabilitation for needy.
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Head injury rehabilitation
- Spine injury rehabilitation
- Cerebral palsy rehabilitation
- 24*7 emergency consultation
- Traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic spinal cord injury
- Microneurosugery for brain tumours
- Endoscopic neurosurgery
- Paediatric neurosurgery
- Spinal degenerative disorders
- Awake craniotomy
- Intracranial and intraspinal vascular surgeries
- Surgical treatment for intracranial infections
- Surgical management of hydrocephalus and other CSF flow disorders
- Glycerol rhyzotomies/nerve blocks
Started in 2013, with a vision to provide comprehensive neurosurgical care for people in and around Madurai. Now the department has grown rapidly and provides expert care in treating full array of brain, skull base disorders, from tumours to aneurysm, traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
Most of the neurosurgical procedures are now covered under various insurance schemes including Tamil Nadu Government CMCHIS.