Owing to the increasing number of complaints related to musculoskeletal system noticeable advancement in medicine has materialized in the field of orthopedics. Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) or Muscle Sparing Surgery (MSS) like Computer navigated surgery, robotic surgery and other technology that involve minimal pain, speedier recovery and better aesthetics consideration have hit the spotlight in Velammal Hospital. The orthopedics department is well established to handle concerns like musculoskeletal trauma, spine diseases, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
Orthopedics is thoroughly supported by world-class ‘C’ arm facilities that aid in the swift diagnosis of the issue. The department is well manned by certified Musculoskeletal radiologists, Pathologists, and Infectious Diseases Consultants. Top-notch ortho surgeons have successful records of procedures. Expert rheumatologists attend the issues like joint tendons, ligaments, bones, and muscles. Advanced Bracing & Taping Techniques converts tedious procedures into happy experiences. Superior operation theater with the latest gadgets supports safe and quality experience. Knee and hip joint transplantation done by our experienced surgeons with the latest technology provides the patient with a joint that lasts a lifetime.
Key Procedures :
- Interlocking nails and plate osteosynthesis for all injuries
- Osteotomy (Re-alignment Of Bone)
- Illizarov’s procedure for limb lengthening.
- Spine related treatments – Non union and deformity correction, disc prolapse and potts spine and stabilization procedures.
- Joint replacement surgeries’ – hip & knee.
- All compound fractures are managed including flap cover co-ordinating with experienced plastic surgeon.
- Arthroscopy (key hole) diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Limb salvage procedures done in case of tumors.
- Our Department has pioneered in giving the best and latest treatment to our patients. For example, we have pioneered in doing following specialist treatments
- Shoulder Arthroscopy,
- Shoulder replacement (Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement)
- Revision Knee replacement
- Revision Hip replacement
- Spine Deformity correction surgeries
- Major Spinal instrumentation procedures
- Cartilage regeneration procedures
- Extremity (Arm, Finger, Toe etc) Reimplantation
- Hand and Reconstructive surgery
- Free flap for extreme skin losses.