The urology department of Velammal Hospital specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the kidneys and urinary system in men and women and disorders of the male reproductive system. Urologists perform surgery and treat urination problems, such as difficulty in holding urine (incontinence), tumors, cysts, growths or stones of the urinary system, Problems of the male reproductive system is also treated.
The department presently has Four accomplished urologists with all updated facilities offered at a single place. Outpatient consultations are done daily and operation theaters are run all day for quick and affordable patient care. Department also has a facility for urodynamics and urethral pressure profilometry measurement first of its kind in south Tamilnadu.
The urology department handles all minor to major procedures day to day. Gradually the department has grown to become a tertiary referral hospital for urology related diseases. Department has been subdivided into sub-speciality departments catering to various diseases.
- The department has the most sophisticated facilities that are up to date and well maintained with all its cleanliness protocol set in place.
- FREE AND PAID OUTPATIENT CONSULTATIONS
- GENERAL WARDS AND INDEPENDENT SUITES
- MINOR OT
- URODYNAMICS SUITE
- FLEXIBLE URETERORENOSCOPY AND LASER
- LAPAROSCOPIC UROLOGY (3D system)
- URO ONCOLOGICAL PROCEDURES