The surgical gastroenterology department in Velammal hospital is one of the earliest centers in South Tamil Nadu to prove laparoscopic cancer surgery was as effective as open surgery for Cancer Care. Further, it showed laparoscopic cancer surgery is much superior to open surgery in terms of patient comfort. Today with the incomparable efforts of our expert team and their innovations all kinds of gastrointestinal cancers like the esophagus, cancer stomach, liver, pancreas, intestines, and uterus are efficiently managed. With the state of the art technologies in surgery and imaging like 3D laparoscopy, the magnification and visualization are now 10 times better than the human eye, making these surgeries translating to better outcomes.
- Laparoscopic Radical D2 gastrectomy for stomach cancer
- Laparoscopic Ivor-Lewis oesophagectomy for oesophageal cancer (adenocarcinoma)
- Thoracolaparoscopic subtotal oesophagectomy for oesophageal cancer(Squamous cell carcinoma)
- Laparoscopic hepatectomy for liver secondaries/primary tumors
- Laparoscopic Whipple’s operation for periampullary cancer/cancer head of the pancreas
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy for tumors at the tail of the pancreas
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for splenic pathologies
- Laparoscopic Right hemicolectomy for distal ileum, caecum, ascending colon tumors
- The laparoscopic right extended hemicolectomy for hepatic flexure tumors
- Laparoscopic left hemicolectomy for left colonic tumors
- Laparoscopic subtotal colectomy for synchronous tumors in the colon.
- Laparoscopic Anterior/Abdominoperineal resection for rectal cancers
- Laparoscopic Wertheim’s radical hysterectomy for uterine cancers
- Laparoscopic wedge resections of the stomach for GIST
- Laparoscopic sphincter-saving resections of the rectum for lower rectal tumors.